Counseling & EAP
Counseling and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Get Support in Your Time of Need
Part of overall wellness is having peace of mind and support in areas that may go beyond physical health. The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to all Abbott employees and their eligible family members. EAP counselors provide confidential assessment, support, and up to six free counseling sessions with a professional counselor who can offer assistance in the following areas:
- Stress and overload
- Divorce and separation
- Grief and loss
- Substance or gambling additions
- Anxiety and depression
- Relationship issues
- Crisis and trauma
- Conflicts at work or home
- Work-related issues
- Much more!
Access Tools to Help You Manage Employees
While EAP resources offer great tools for personal circumstances, they also offer support for managers with work-related concerns through Management Consultants. Management Consultants provide assessment, coaching, information and support on a wide range of concerns managers face.
- Discuss workplace concerns, such as how to help an employee with personal issues
- Help sort out complex, sensitive workplace issues and concerns
- Provide coaching in preparation for a difficult conversation with an employee
- Help identify and obtain needed resources to support an employee
- Guide you to additional Abbott resources
Register for a LifeWorks Webinar
Take advantage of online learning tools by attending a LifeWorks webinar. A webinar allows you to participate no matter where you are and offers a relaxed learning environment. Learn about a variety of topics related to everyday life that can help you build skills and strategies to help you in both your personal and professional life.