Support for Type 2 Diabetes
Omada offers personalized support to help you tackle sustainable lifestyle changes and achieve health goals. If you have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, you may be eligible to work with a professional health coach trained in diabetes management.
Learn About Omada
Join Omada Health for an interactive presentation that will walk you through how Omada’s programs can help people at risk for diabetes and heart disease, and living with Type 2 Diabetes, keep their heart strong now and long into the future.
This recorded webinar is available for viewing anytime at your convenience.
Explore Omada support for prediabetes and prevention if you have not been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, but want to learn how to manage risk factors.
GET STARTED IN CASTLIGHT
Go to your Castlight account to access the program, under Benefits. Don’t have an account? Visit the Castlight page to learn how to create one.
APPLY FOR OMADA
Omada is recommended for adults with risk factors for developing diabetes, heart disease or those with a current type 2 diabetes diagnosis. Complete the online application in Castlight to find out if you meet the clinical criteria to participate in the program—it takes just a few minutes! You’ll find out in 1-2 days if Omada is a good fit for you.
START YOUR LIFE-CHANGING JOURNEY
Once you are accepted into Omada, you’ll receive:
- Proactive guidance from a professional health coach and Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) trained in diabetes management and the interpretation of glucose data
- Type 2 diabetes curriculum covering all core topics of Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support (DSMES)
- Consistent review of your glucose values to identify the relationship between diet, exercise, medications and glucose
- Personalized support to enable you with medication self-management, including support for both med optimization and med adherence
- Peer group and communities specific to type 2 diabetes for real-time encouragement, empathy and accountability.
OMADA & FREESTYLE LIBRE
Abbott and Omada for Type 2 Diabetes offer an integrated Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) and Coaching Program all in one. Participants may opt to receive two Abbott FreeStyle Libre 14 day sensors* – at the start of the program and after 6 months – if you are not currently using the sensors.
- If you have a different glucose meter that you prefer to use, you are not required to use Abbott FreeStyle Libre 14 day sensor while you participate in the program.
- If you currently use Abbott FreeStyle Libre 14 day sensors you may continue to use your sensors throughout your journey with Omada.
You may transition from your current glucose meter to an Abbott FreeStyle Libre 14 day sensor. Simply contact your personal physician to obtain a prescription or Omada can coordinate that for you. Omada will ask for some basic information, such as Personal Physician name and phone number, Insurance Provider, Member ID and RxBIN.
For questions about health coverage or accessing providers, participants in the HIP or
Traditional PPO can call the Abbott Care Coordinators at
IT’S FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL
There is no cost for you or your covered spouse/domestic partner to participate. Your Omada program is personalized and your results are completely private. Omada will keep your individual information confidential. Abbott never sees individual results.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
All Abbott employees are eligible to apply and earn rewards. Your spouse/domestic partner can also apply if covered by an Abbott medical plan.
*The Abbott FreeStyle Libre 14-day continuous glucose monitoring system is available to eligible participants with a valid prescription and compatible smartphone. Setup is required for continuous glucose monitoring. The FreeStyle LibreLink app is only compatible with certain mobile devices and operating systems.