Making life a little easier
To support Abbott employees – with children and without – we offer programs designed to make life a little easier.
SICK PAY FOR CHILD & ELDER CARE
We have expanded the use of sick pay to include childcare and eldercare needs related to school or daycare facility closures during the pandemic. Refer to the Sick Pay benefits information or contact your HR representative for the details for your location.
CHILD CARE RESOURCES
Our long-time childcare partner, Bright Horizons, offers the following services to Abbott employees. Visit the Bright Horizons site for details.
- Child Care Centers
- Preferred placement at Bright Horizon Centers throughout the U.S., with the registration fee applied to tuition.
- 10% discount at KinderCare and Learning Care Group Centers throughout the U.S.
- Sitter City Membership
- Free membership to Sitter City, for help with childcare (in-person and virtual), elder care, pet care, tutoring and housekeeping services.
- Nanny Placement
- Help finding a nanny through College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors, with a discount on the placement fee and hourly rates.
- Before & After School Care
Up to a 20% off after school, before school, & summer camp programs with Right At School.
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
In partnership with Bright Horizons, Abbott offers resources to support working parents meet the challenges of raising a family (visit the Bright Horizons site for details).
- Special Needs Support
- Understand, advocate for, and support your child from birth to young adulthood with personalized guidance and resources. From Bright Horizons Special Needs.
- Parenting Resources & Events
- Podcasts, videos, and articles supporting all stages of your family’s life.
AT-HOME LEARNING & TUTORING
- FREE Virtual Tutoring
- TutorMe – Access 3 FREE hours of tutoring per week – for your child or yourself – and receive a 25% discount on additional time with promo code ABBOTT2020. You’ll need to register for an account using your Abbott email address.
- At-Home Learning – Visit the Bright Horizons site for details on these programs:
- Learning Pods — Through Sitter City via Bright Horizons, find educators who can guide learning for small groups (virtual or in-person).
- Early Childhood Learning — MarcoPolo Learning – for children ages 3-7 – Abbott employees receive a 20% discount on monthly subscriptions and 50% off annual plans.
- Sylvan Learning Centers — 15% off Sylvan Learning’s personalized support for your K-12 child in any subject or learning need.
- Virtual Robotics – Brooklyn Robot Foundry brings hands-on STEAM learning to your family with amazing programs! Save 15% on virtual offerings!
Coding for Kids – Turn your kid’s love for computers into a fun and exciting learning adventure –with discounts up to 20% at Code Ninjas!
Abbott’s programs support you and your older loved ones with day-to-day and medical-related issues.
- LifeWorks, including day care and back-up care. (User ID: Abbott, Password: 1020)
- Bright Horizons provides a free membership to Sitter City that connects you with additional elder care services.
- Care Partner through Quantum Health can help you with medical billing or claims issues, Medicare, acting as a patient advocate and more as you care for an elderly parent or other relative.
DISCOUNTS & OTHER PERKS
Abbott has partnered with PerkSpot for a long time to offer employees conveniences to make their lives a little bit easier. Create an account if you don’t already have one; search for what you want and save money! Here are some stores and services available:
- Meal delivery, including Blue Apron and Home Chef
- Entertainment options, including Disney Channel and audiobooks
- Computers and other school equipment discounts
- Home goods from Amazon to Best Buy and Overstock.com
- Pet food and supplies, including Chewy.com
RESOURCES FOR YOUR HEALTH
For any or all of your health care needs, you can visit AbbottBenefits.com, or follow the links below.
- Care Coordinators are here to help you find providers, handle claims issues and coordinate care so you don’t have to navigate the complicated world of healthcare on your own. Visit AbbottHealthPlan.com or call 888-614-1011.
- Telemedicine services, for you or a family member, provide an easier way to get general health care, counseling, dermatology services or an expert opinion.
- Abbott’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is here to help you cope with personal family issues, provide tips on dealing with stress, and more.