Making life a little easier during the pandemic
To support Abbott employees – with children and without – we are offering new benefits and highlighting other existing programs designed to make life a little easier. For many of these, we are partnering with Bright Horizons, an established leader in the child care and early education space.
SICK PAY FOR CHILD & ELDER CARE
We have expanded the use of sick pay to include childcare and eldercare needs related to school or daycare facility closures during the pandemic. Refer to the sick pay benefits information or contact your HR representative for the details for your location.
- ARDx employees: Check the employee handbook for your site or ask your HR representative
- Abbott employees: Sick Pay details
CHILD CARE RESOURCES
Our long-time childcare partner, Bright Horizons, will offer the following services to Abbott employees. Visit the Bright Horizons site for details.
- Preferred placement at Bright Horizon Centers throughout the U.S. and the registration fee will be applied to tuition.
- 10% discount at KinderCare and Learning Care Group Centers throughout the U.S.
- Free membership to Sitter City, for help with child care (in-person and virtual), elder care, pet care, tutoring and housekeeping services.
- Help finding a nanny through College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors, with a discount on the placement fee and hourly rates.
AT-HOME LEARNING & TUTORING
- TutorMe – access two FREE hours of tutoring per week – for your child or yourself – and receive a 25% discount on additional time with promo code ABBOTT2020. You’ll need to register for an account using your Abbott or ARDx email address.
Learning Pods – through Sitter City via
Bright Horizons, find educators who can guide learning for small groups (virtual or in-person).
- 20% off private or small group tutoring and “School at Home” program for children 5-18 years old.
- MarcoPolo Learning – for children ages 3-7 – Abbott employees receive a 20% discount on monthly subscriptions and 50% off annual plans.
Abbott’s programs support you and your older loved ones with day-to-day and medical-related issues.
- LifeWorks, including day care and back-up care. (User ID: Abbott, Password: 1020)
- Bright Horizons provides a free membership to Sitter City that connects you with additional elder care services.
- Care Partner through Quantum Health can help you with medical billing or claims issues, Medicare, acting as a patient advocate and more as you care for an elderly parent or other relative.
DISCOUNTS & OTHER PERKS
Abbott has partnered with
PerkSpot for a long time to offer employees conveniences to make their lives a little bit easier.
Create an account if you don’t already have one; search for what you want and save money! Here are some stores and services available:
- Meal delivery, including Blue Apron and Home Chef
- Entertainment options, including Disney Channel and audiobooks
- Computers and other school equipment discounts
- Home goods from Amazon to Best Buy and Overstock.com
- Pet food and supplies, including Chewy.com
RESOURCES FOR YOUR HEALTH
For any or all of your health care needs, you can visit AbbottBenefits.com, or follow the links below.
Care Coordinators are here to help you find providers, handle claims issues and coordinate care so you don’t have to navigate the complicated world of healthcare on your own. Visit
AbbottHealthPlan.com or call 888-614-1011.
- Telemedicine services, for you or a family member, provide an easier way to get general health care, counseling, dermatology services or an expert opinion.
- Abbott’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is here to help you cope with personal family issues, provide tips on dealing with stress, and more.