Get a Free Flu Shot
Abbott offers two ways to protect yourself this year with a free flu shot:
- Many Abbott locations offer onsite flu shots for employees in September and October, even if not enrolled in an Abbott medical plan. Click here for the list of locations and make an appointment today.
- If you’re in an Abbott medical plan, you and your covered dependents can visit a physician or convenient care clinic to get your flu shot. If you visit an out-of-network physician, your flu shot is still covered once you meet your deductible and pay coinsurance.
Increase your odds of staying out of bed with your free flu shot this season!
ONSITE FLU SHOTS: WHAT TO EXPECT
A nurse will administer quadrivalent vaccines which protect against two A-strains and two B-strains of the flu virus.
- A/Brisbane/02/2018 (H1N1) pdm09-like virus
- A/Kansas/14/2017 (H3N2)-like virus
- B/Colorado/06/2017-like virus
- B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
All U.S. Abbott employees are eligible to receive their flu shot at an onsite event. However, you should talk to your doctor if you are allergic to eggs, egg products or are pregnant.
PROOF OF VACCINATION
If you need proof that you were vaccinated at an onsite flu shot event, you may request a flu vaccination receipt at the time of your appointment by bringing this form with the top portion completed. You may also email email@example.com. When you send an email, provide your first and last name, the location and date you got the flu shot, and Abbott UPI or Alere ID. Please allow up to 5 days to be able to provide verification.
PREVENTIVE CARE PAYS OFF
Take advantage of all the free preventive benefits available under your Abbott medical and dental coverage:
- Flu shots and other immunizations
- Annual check-ups and teeth cleanings
- Routine screenings, such as lab tests, mammograms and colonoscopies
Talk to your doctor about what might be right for you and your family. Visit AbbottBenefits.com today to learn more.