Get a Free Flu Shot
Abbott offers two ways to protect yourself this year with a free flu shot:
- Visit your physician or convenient care clinic. If you visit an out-of-network physician, your flu shot is still covered once you meet your deductible and pay coinsurance. This option is available to employees and covered dependents.
- Onsite flu shot events at participating locations. Watch for more details in September and October.
Don't forget to present your Abbott medical insurance card at your physician's office or convenient care clinic.
Missed the flu shot event at your location?
Your annual flu shot is covered under your preventive care benefit if you're enrolled in an Abbott medical plan. You and your covered dependents can get the vaccination from your physician or a convenient care clinic in your network.
Talk to your doctor if you are allergic to eggs, egg products or are pregnant.
PROOF OF VACCINATION
If you participated in an onsite flu shot event and need proof that you were vaccinated, you may request a flu vaccination receipt by sending an email to Affiliated Physicians at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you send an email, provide your first and last name, the location and date you got the flu shot, and Abbott UPI or Alere ID. Please allow up to 5 days to be able to provide verification.
PREVENTIVE CARE PAYS OFF
Take advantage of all the free preventive benefits available under your Abbott medical and dental coverage:
- Flu shots and other immunizations
- Annual check-ups and teeth cleanings
- Routine screenings, such as lab tests, mammograms and colonoscopies
Talk to your doctor about what might be right for you and your family. Visit AbbottBenefits.com today to learn more.