Get a Free Flu Shot
Getting a flu shot is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your family this fall. Abbott offers two ways to protect yourself this year with a free flu shot:
- Onsite at Abbott. Watch for details about onsite flu shots later this year.
- From your physician or a convenient care clinic. Abbott medical plan participants and their covered dependents can visit their in-network physician or an in-network convenient care clinic for their flu shot. If you go out of network, your flu shot is covered once you meet your deductible and pay coinsurance.
THE FLU AND COVID-19
According to the CDC, there is no evidence that getting a flu vaccine increases the risk of getting COVID-19. There are many benefits from flu vaccination and preventing the flu is always important. In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s even more important that we all do everything possible to reduce illnesses and preserve scarce healthcare resources.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
All U.S. Abbott employees are eligible to receive their flu shot at an onsite event. If you’re enrolled in an Abbott medical plan, you can get a free flu shot from your in-network physician or an in-network convenient care clinic.
PROOF OF VACCINATION
If you participated in an onsite flu shot event and need proof that you were vaccinated, you may request a flu vaccination receipt by sending an email to Affiliated Physicians at [email protected] or download a copy here. When you send an email, provide your first and last name, the location and date you got the flu shot, and Abbott UPI or Alere ID. Please allow up to 5 days to be able to provide verification.
PREVENTIVE CARE PAYS OFF
Take advantage of all the free preventive benefits available under your Abbott medical and dental coverage:
- Flu shots and other immunizations
- Annual check-ups and teeth cleanings
- Routine screenings, such as lab tests, mammograms and colonoscopies
Talk to your doctor about what might be right for you and your family.
Visit AbbottBenefits.com today to learn more.