Get Your Health Screening and Optional SARS-CoV-2 Serology (COVID-19) Antibody Test
Abbott offers various ways to get a free, confidential health screening. The screening is also available to your covered spouse/domestic partner and is designed to give you a detailed picture of your health.
NEW:You can add a free SARS-CoV-2 Serology (COVID-19) antibody test as part of your health screening. Antibody testing should only be selected if you do not have SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19), have not experienced COVID-like symptoms (flu, cough, shortness of breath) in the last three days, and have not been exposed to someone with SARS-CoV-2 in the last 14 days.
You have until Nov. 30, 2020 to complete your health screening if you want to earn 250 points toward rewards.
Remember: You can also use your numbers to complete the Wellness Assessment and earn another 250 points and save $300 on medical contributions in 2021. Don’t miss out!
BIOMETRIC HEALTH SCREENING OPTIONS
Use your Castlight account to access your Quest Health Screening options. Sign into Castlight and select Benefits > Quest Diagnostics to make your selection
- Onsite at Abbott
Free screenings for employees are available at select Abbott locations. Check out the 2020 schedule to see if your site is participating.
- Quest Patient Service Center
Free screenings for employees and your covered spouse/domestic partner are available at a Quest Patient Service Center near you.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR SCREENING
Make sure you’re prepared for your health screening so you can get the best results. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Appointments are required – no walk-ins will be allowed.
- Allow 15-20 minutes for your appointment.
- Your height, weight, waist measurement, blood pressure and a blood sample will be taken. The blood draw will be venipuncture.
- You must fast 9-12 hours prior to the screening.
- Take prescribed medications as you normally would.
- Drink plenty of water before your appointment as this helps with your blood draw, but do not have any other beverages (like black regular or decaf coffee, juice, or soda).
- Face coverings are required at onsite health screenings or at the Patient Service Center (PSC) due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you arrive at the PSC without a face covering, you will need to reschedule your appointment and return to the PSC at a later date with a face covering.
- Additionally, all patients, before entering the PSC, will be required to have their temperature taken. Any patient with a temperature over 100.3 degrees will not be allowed to enter the PSC and will be asked to reschedule their appointment to return to the PSC at a later date.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOUR SCREENING
- Quest will send an email 3-5 days after your screening when your results are in your Castlight account. Go to Benefits > Quest Diagnostics > View Results in Castlight to see the results from the biometric screening. If you added the SARS-CoV-2 Serology (COVID-19) antibody test, go to Benefits > Quest Diagnostics – COVID-19 for those results. Note that antibody tests have not been shown to definitively diagnose or exclude SARS-CoV-2 infection. Positive results could also be due to past or present infection with non-SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus strains, such as coronavirus HKU1, NL63, OC43, or 229E. Diagnosis of COVID-19 is made by the detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA by molecular testing methods.
- Important: If you completed your Wellness Assessment already and selected “Not Sure” for your health numbers, go back into your Castlight account and review your Wellness Assessment to ensure your numbers update within the assessment.
- If you haven’t yet completed the Wellness Assessment, go to your Castlight account and complete it by Nov. 30. You’ll save $300 ($600 if your covered spouse/domestic partner completes it, too) on medical contributions in 2021 and earn 250 points!
ALREADY HAD SCREENING FROM YOUR PHYSICIAN?
Great job having an annual check-up with your personal physician! You can self-report your numbers in the Wellness Assessment. If you want the 250 points for getting your health numbers, you will need to have your physician submit the Physician Results Form to Quest and have it successfully processed before Nov. 30, 2020.
Find the form by signing in to your Castlight account and going to Benefits > Quest Diagnostics. You may simply click on “Go to Quest” and follow the prompts in the Quest website to get to your personalized Physician Results Form. The form has details for you and your physician to follow. Contact Quest Diagnostics at 855-623-9355 with questions about the Physician Results Form.
IT’S FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL
There is no cost for you or your covered spouse/domestic partner to get the health screening SARS-CoV-2 Serology (COVID-19) antibody test. The screening is completely confidential and managed by Abbott’s wellness partners. Abbott never sees individual results.
All employees and covered spouses/domestic partners are eligible to complete a free health screening and SARS-CoV-2 Serology (COVID-19) antibody test. If you will be covering your spouse/domestic partner under Abbott benefits for the first time for 2021, they can create a Castlight account the first week in November and complete a screening before November 30, 2020 or get a health screening in 2021.
Newly hired employees and their spouses/domestic partners are eligible to complete the health screening or SARS-CoV-2 Serology (COVID-19) antibody test. However, you may need to wait to register for 4-5 weeks from your date of hire so Castlight can receive your eligibility. You have until November 30 to complete the screening. You will have another opportunity to get a free screening in 2021.
YOUR PRIVACY IS ALWAYS PROTECTED
All of the information in your Castlight account is completely confidential. Abbott will not have access to your personal health information. One of the reasons Abbott partners with Castlight, an independent company, is to help you feel confident personal results will not be reported to Abbott.